Workstation Cranes & Devices
Gorbel Tether Track
The patented fall from heights protection solution. Designed and built under license in Australia by Safetech
Matpack is dedicated to improving safety and productivity in every industrial environment.
Locally engineered Gorbel Tether Track systems can be tailored to your specific industrial application—whether it’s indoors or out, stationary or at multiple locations. We use proven concepts to develop unique solutions for protecting workers at heights.
By matching the right system to your exact job requirements, we offer superior safety while keeping productivity at essential levels. Whether the job requires protection throughout the day as part of production, cleaning, or painting activities, or just for sporadic activities, Gorbel offers a full line of fall arrest solutions that you and your workers will embrace.
Features & Benefits
- Dual bypassing tracks allows workers to safely pass each other without disconnecting
- Outdoor coatings available for maximum protection in outdoor environments-also includes corrosion-resistant hardware
- Systems designed for wind, snow, and ice loads
- Integral trolley easily moves on enclosed track to keep fall arrest system in a vertical plane
- Designed for workers up to 150kgs. Maximum Arresting Force (MAF) energy-absorbing lanyards, properly rated full-body harness and connecting device
- Goal post design, comprised of two columns and a header, also readily available
- Enclosed track / easy movement and long life
- Rigid runways / superior load positioning – no movement or “crab-walking” of the bridge
- Ease of Installation/install on any standard 6" concrete floor
- Smooth-rolling surface / Easier movement of bridge and trolleys
- Multiple track profiles and spanning capabilities/Adaptable, flexible, and cost-competitive
- Special finishes available based on application requirements
Tether Track Rigid Rail Fall Arrest Systems mitigate the hazards of dynamic sag of wire rope systems by providing shorter free-fall distances, reduced risk of secondary fall injuries, such as swinging into obstacles, and no negative impact on a second worker in the event of a fall.
What is Tether Track™?
Tether Track Engineered Fall Protection Systems utilize an innovative enclosed track system to provide worker fall safety and avoid injuries due to falls while maximizing their productivity. Available in a variety of track styles and specifications, all Gorbel engineered fall protection systems meet or exceed ANSI and OSHA safety standards.
The building block for their rigid rail anchor system is the enclosed track design, which is engineered for easy movement. The cold-rolled steel track keeps dirt and dust from settling on the rolling surface, allowing for smoother, more consistent ease of movement than an I-beam with no need for cleaning or maintenance of the track on the fall protection system. The track also features a running flange with a 2-degree taper to keep the trolley centred. That allows the trolley and attached lanyard to easily follow the worker, rather than forcing them to pull free a trolley that has become stuck.
Why Gorbel Tether Track?
Gorbel’s engineered Tether Track Rigid Rail Fall Protection Systems are a reliable, cost-effective way to reduce the risk of injury in elevated work environments. Unlike horizontal lifeline systems, these systems enable workers to effortlessly pass one another without disconnecting from the system— minimizing the risk of a fall during the reattachment process. All Gorbel permanent fall arrest systems are designed to meet or exceed OSHA safety standards.
- STOPS FALLS FASTER: Tether Track requires less fall clearance than wire rope systems, making it ideal for low-headroom applications where overhead fall protection is still required.
- LOWER MATERIAL AND INSTALLATION COSTS: Tether Track covers greater distances between supports, thus requiring less material to cover the same overall area.
- SAFER FOR MULTIPLE WORKERS: Unlike wire rope systems, multiple workers are not impacted by each other’s movements.
- REQUIRES NO STRUCTURAL MODIFICATIONS: Tether Track’s rigid fall protection anchor point eliminates the need to modify building structures.
Types of Gorbel Fall Protection
Multiple bridges can be supplied for both ceiling mounted and free standing fall protection systems, allowing multiple workers to utilize the system simultaneously.
Free Standing Monorail Systems
Engineered for areas that require long spans and an independent structure for support, this fall protection system provides a single path of fall protection in a permanent manner.
Ceiling Mounted Monorail Systems
When floor space is at a premium, ceiling mounted monorails can provide unparalleled overhead fall protection while maintaining an open floor plan for material handling, production, or related activities.
Swing Arm System
The Tether Track Swing Arm Fall Protection Systems provide circular or semicircular fall protection within a limited footprint and can easily be moved out of the way.
Fold Away System
Similar to the Swing Arm Systems, Tether Track Fold Away Systems supply convenient permanent fall arrest when extended without sacrificing productivity.
Single Pole System
When numerous obstacles exist in the work space and standard multiple column systems are not practical, single pole systems provide a convenient alternative for worker fall safety.
The Recover Trolley locks in place when a fall occurs to increase the possibility of the worker regaining composure and reaching the work surface for an efficient recovery from a fall.
Download PDF Brochure
Our local and international partners…